The Speed 040
The spring loaded carriage is engaged by the press of a button and applies a consistent cutting pressure while in automatic mode
- Four sided, nickel plated jaws for clamping the majority of all edge cut/flat type keys. Smooth rotation by simply twisting into position.
- Slotted jaw surfaces accommodate tip stop bars and a rigid shoulder gauge design to allow for greater accuracy when loading and gauging keys.
- Wide spacing 3 1/2” (88.9 mm) spacing between clamps accommodate large bow (head) and long blade keys, including flip style keys
- Depth tracer system with micro adjustment for precise calibration in increments of .00098” (0.025mm)
- TiN (Titanium Nitride) coated cutter for longer life and oxidation resistance
- Nylon deburring brush
- Electro-magnetic “main” safety switch with a separate cutter motor switch for easy access.
- Large transparent cutter safety shield contains chips and provides a storage area for accessories
- Large drawer-type swarf (chip) tray under the carriage for easy access
- Mounting bracket included for securing the machine to counter
- Two year warranty
The Speed 04X Series mechanical key duplicators are engineered and manufactured with a new look and many new improved features over the existing 04X series of machines. These new models will replace the current Performance HD Series of machines (040HD, 044HD, 045HD and 046HD)
SPEED 040 Automatic or Manual Operation
This dual operation machine can be operated either as an automatic or manual duplicator. When in automatic mode, the spring loaded carriage is engaged by simply pressing a button on the carriage. It applies a consistent cutting pressure. Operate in manual mode when more control is desired for a specific duplication.
|Maximum absorbed power:||2.8 Amp, 200 Watt|
|Cutter motor:||single phase and speed|
|Movements:||by ball joint on rectified carriage|
|Tool Speed:||1350 rpm|
|Carriage Runs:||1.65″ (42mm)|
|Brush:||Nylon, 5/8” (15.87 mm) bristles